Kia Ora and Welcome to the website of Save Our Landlines NZ
This site is a community project by New Zealanders who do not want to see our copper landline infrastructure to be allowed to be run down or destroyed.
The copper landline phone system has many advantages:
- A corded phone connected to the copper landline system will usually work even if a home (or general area) has lost power.
- A corded phone connected to the copper landline system is easy to use and can be a vital lifeline to emergency services.
- The copper landline system allows people to have a safe corded home phone. This is particularly important in households with children given that their developing brains may be more vulnerable to adverse effects from cordless or cellular phones.
- The sound quality provided over the copper landline system is superior to that provided by “Voice Over Internet Protocol” (VOIP) systems that are being promoted as an alternative to landline phones.
- Phones that use the copper landline system are better for people who have hearing impairments or need to talk on the phone in languages other than their mother tongue.
- The copper landline phone system allows people to have a safe, inexpensive hardwired internet connection.
Above: The copper landline system has provided a vital service to New Zealanders for many, many decades. Given sensible regulations to protect this vital infrastructure New Zealanders should be able to enjoy the benefits of the copper landline system for many years to come.
We hope that you will support our petition to save NZ’s copper landline phone system which you can access via the link below:
About Save Our Landlines NZ:
This website is being developed by New Zealanders who want to see the copper landline network in NZ to be retained and protected. If you value having a corded landline phone that will work even if you home (and the area in which you live) loses electricity, you are very welcome to join us.
To get updates on this issue, please follow our Facebook page at the link below:
If you would like to help in any way with the campaign to save NZ’s copper landline network, please email us through the contact form below.
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.
Thank-you for the work you have done to help preserve an important, safe part of our infrastructure. The more I learn about the proposed 5G network, the more concerned I become. We should be finding ways to reduce our exposure to EMF-emitting wireless transmission towers and continue to maintain our copper networks. 5G will be a pulsed radio wave of extremely high frequencies (as well as utilizing some mid-range and lower frequencies). It will require numerous EMF-emitting wireless transmission towers – practically one on every telephone pole. This is in my opinion insane and highly irresponsible given what is already known about the effect this technology has upon health.
International Scientist Appeal on Electromagnetic Fields Martin Blank PhD May 11 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ijs5lrebac
Cellular and Molecular Effects of Electromagnetic Fields, by Dr. Martin Blank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCuyriGTTS8
New Study Links Cellphone Radiation to Heart and Brain Tumors